There are several different Content Management Systems (CMS’s) available:
- WordPress (most common)
- Custom CMS that was developed specifically for your site
The majority of these systems have different roles which indicate the type of access that can be granted. To be the most effective partner in supporting your website, CreativeMMS will request Admin (or equivalent) access, which is usually the highest level of access available.
How to grant access in WordPress:
(We are providing the steps to grant access with a WordPress site; these steps may be similar in other CMS’s.)
- Sign in to your WordPress site.
- From the dashboard, go to Users>Add New.
- A form will appear that includes username, email, first and last name, website, password, send user notification and role.
- After you complete the relevant sections of the form, click the Add New User button to create the account. We will receive an email with a password and instructions to be able to log in to the site.